This week Katie and I talk about six ways that we know you can be an even more amazing leader. This list has been cultivated from our many year’s of coaching and supporting leaders and seeing what worked well for them and what didn’t. This list is also based on the specific skills we have worked with leaders in cultivating that have given them proven results. So, let’s dive into that list.
1. Let go of making the results that your team produces a referendum for you as a person. Yes, easier said than done, we know. Nevertheless, we offer some proven strategies to keep this in check.
2. Focus on the process, not the outcome. So many things are out of our control when we are wanting to achieve a goal that it is much more effective and plain easier to focus on the processes that can get us there.
3. Make and keep clear agreements. Breaking agreements destroys trust. Enough said.
4. Make rest as much of a priority as the work itself. Without regular rest and renewal we just burn out. This is simple and one thing we can control.
5. Communicate in a way that honors your feelings and the feelings of others. This means that we talk to others in a way that allows them to remain open versus closing down.
6. Play. In our daily lives as adults we often forget this one simple approach to work. Playing and seeing that we can laugh and have fun while accomplishing our work is too often overlooked and proven to support creativity.
We say that if you even just picked one of these things off the list and practiced it for a week you would be miles ahead and take your entire leadership to the next level. But let us know what you think. What would you add to the list?